Haverford Soccer Club continue to follow the Eastern Pennsylvania Youth Soccer Association guidance on any Covid- 19 restrictions and mask mandate suggestions.
The Pennsylvania Department of Health lifted the statewide masking order on June 28, 2021. In addition, local counties lifted the masking requirement for youth in sports during "high exertion" outdoor activies in May 2021.
Masks are not required for youth participating in outdoor soccer activities.
Our club recommendations are listed here:
At the forefront of our thoughts is the safety of all individuals participating (players, coaches, and officials) as well as the enthusiastic spectators that support our HSC teams.
Anyone feeling unwell or exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms should not attend and stay home. Think safety first!
Our HSC Recommendations:
• Players, Coaches and game officials during the game are not required to wear masks.
• Players should not share water bottles and should bring their own ball for the warm-up. Also, we recommend no carpooling to avoid close extended contact.
• Only 2 coaches are permitted on the touchline per team.
• Teams will be on one side of the field, and spectators should be on the opposite side of the field in the same half as their team’s coaches.
• Post-game there are no handshakes, and each team can clap / applaud or cheer for the other team from their half of the field.
• Players’ bags and equipment are not to be piled into one small area (social distancing courtesy) but should be distributed at least 3 feet away from each other.
Anyone feeling unwell or exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms should not attend and stay home.
Think safety first!
• Spectators are required to stay on the opposite side of the field to players - across from their team’s coaches.
If you have questions about the ever-evolving safety precautions that we are mandating, please feel free to email email@example.com
Thank you for your continued support to all of our players, coaches and HSC families by keeping safety a priority.