Our next Referee Class will be held in August. There is a $20 materials fee to register for the training program. Please email Referee@HaverfordSoccer.org if the cost is a barrier to applying.
Register here - Haverford Soccer Club Referee Application
Application will close one week before the class or sooner if the class is full.
Job Title: Youth Soccer Referee
Schedule: Saturdays and Sundays during our Intramural Season.
Spring Season: April - June
Fall Season - September - November
Futsal Season - January - March
$25 - 60 per game, depending on experience. Game times are 75-90 minutes
Under the supervision of the Director of Coaching, HSC youth referees are responsible for officiating youth soccer games for our Intramural Division. The games will be played in and around Haverford Township. Intramural Divisions are U6-U18. Youth referees must have availability on Saturday mornings and afternoons and Sunday afternoons, and commit to 2 games per week.
-have familiarity with the rules of soccer/futsal
- be able to view and schedule your games using our online referee scheduling tool
- be able to run for extended amounts of time
- be able to communicate schedule conflicts with supervisor
- be able to communicate with coaches to get games started on time
- must submit appropriate background check clearances
- pay $20 fee to cover coursework and uniform
- attend a 4 hour in-person training class and field session
Referees will be expected to referee youth games, keeping youth safe and the games under control. This position also requires referees to act professionally with the youth participants, parents and coaches.