Annual Meeting - Rules Of Conduct
In the interest of an orderly meeting, we ask you to honor the following rules of conduct:
1. The Nominating Committee Chair has complete authority and discretion on all matters relating to the conduct of the meeting. Members are expected to comply with the Nominating Committee Chair’s instructions, and may be removed from the meeting if they fail to comply.
2. Members wishing to address the meeting may do so during any period during which discussion is open to the members. Comments and questions from Members must be relevant to the items of business under consideration at the meeting. Members may address the meeting only after being recognized by the Nominating Committee Chair, and should raise their hand until recognized by the Nominating Committee Chair. Once recognized, the member should stand at his or her seat, state his or her name and status as a member, and then direct his or her question or comment to the Nominating Committee Chair.
3. When an item on the Agenda is before the meeting for discussion, questions and comments should be confined to that item. In addition, members should confine comments to one subject at a time in order to give other members an opportunity to speak on that subject.
4. Members will be given a fair opportunity to ask questions and make comments on subjects other than those on which a vote is taken. If a member has a question or comment not related to an Agenda item, an opportunity will be provided to present proper questions and comments during the "General Q&A” portion of the Agenda.
5. Please permit each speaker to conclude her or his remarks without interruption. Repeated interruptions by any person will be a basis for removal from the meeting.
6. In order to maintain an orderly and efficient meeting and to give all members who so desire an opportunity to speak, the Nominating Committee Chair may, in his sole discretion (i) limit the time that a speaker may speak, and/or (ii) limit the number of times that a member may speak, and/or (iii) terminate discussion.
7. No questions relating to personal matters may be asked during the meeting. Members must remain courteous and avoid personal attacks. Derogatory references to personalities or comments that are otherwise in bad taste will not be permitted and will be a basis for removal from the meeting.
8. The views, constructive comments and criticisms of the members are welcome, but the Nominating Committee Chair will stop discussions that: (i) are irrelevant to the business of the Club, (ii) relate to the conduct of the Club's ordinary business operations, (iii) relate to sensitive or confidential matters, including without limitation personnel matters, trade secrets, litigation strategy, etc., or (iv) are in substance repetitious of statements made by other persons.
9. If there are any matters of individual concern to a member, they should be raised after the meeting to a Board member or senior officer of the Club.
10. No materials or documents of any kind may be distributed or exchanged at the AGM, except for materials and documents distributed by the Club.
11. No recording devices or videographic equipment will be permitted in the meeting except for those pre-approved by the Board. Non-flash still photographs may be taken.
12. IT IS HSC’S POLICY TO MAINTAIN THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF BALLOTS AND VOTING TABULATIONS THAT IDENTIFY INDIVIDUAL MEMBERS, EXCEPT WHERE DISCLOSURE IS MANDATED BY LAW AND IN OTHER LIMITED CIRCUMSTANCES.
The Board may amend or add to these rules at any time if deemed to be in the best interest of the Club and its Members.