Volunteers Sought For Committee Assignments
The Board is keenly aware that HSC owes its success to literally hundreds of volunteers – people like you who are and will remain the backbone of this Club. We currently are looking for eager individuals who are willing and able to help the Club continue on its path of ongoing and continuous improvement. We have set forth below a list of committees (or areas of responsibility) where we have our greatest needs.
If you are willing to help HSC with one or more of the areas of responsibility listed below, please send an email to HSC Board of Directors, and include:
(1) your name
(2) your pertinent contact information
(3) a description of each committee or area of responsibility in which you are interested
(4) for each area of responsibility that you list, please also describe any specific tasks that you would be willing and able to perform
(5) details of your work experience, educational background or other personal experiences that may be relevant to the committees/ areas of responsibility that you list
(6) information that may be relevant to a determination of whether you have any potential conflict of interest with respect to the committee or position in question
If you have specific ideas for how you would like to contribute your time and talents to HSC that are not listed below, or have questions/comments, please contact the board at email@example.com
HSC Board of Directors
|Finance Committee||Responsible for overseeing development of the Club’s annual budget; ensuring accurate tracking, monitoring, and accountability for funds; ensuring adequate financial controls. These tasks are led by the Club’s Treasurer. The Finance Committee is also responsible to have the books HSC reviewed by an independent Certified Public Accountant once a year. If you have experience in any of these areas, we hope you will volunteer for this committee.|
|Fund Raising/Sponsorship||Responsible for overseeing development of the Club’s annual Fundraising Plan and implementing same. The Fundraising Plan also will include a sponsorship plan, pursuant to which the committee identifies and solicits funds from external sources of support – i.e., potential sponsors. The committee likely will work closely with the Special Events Committee and Publicity/Public Relations Committee, among others.|
Intramural Soccer Commissioners
|The Intramural Age-Group Commissioners assist the VP of Intramural Soccer in administering the intramural soccer programs They shall coordinate the activities of the HSC intramural soccer program (shirt league). (Referred to as Intramural Soccer Coordinator in 2:01:09(D))|
Responsible for conceiving, planning and coordinating major events, such as “opening day” festivities, holiday parties, banquets, HSC night at Union, etc. and assists the Fundraising Committee with major Club fundraising events.