Parent’s Code of Conduct
By joining as a member of the Haverford Soccer Club (HSC), we/I hereby pledge to provide positive support, care and encouragement for my child’s participation in HSC by following this Parent’s Code of Conduct:
1) I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches and officials at every game, practice or other youth soccer event.
2) I will place the emotional and physical well-being of my child first at all times.
3) I will insist that my child play in a safe and healthy environment.
4) I will remember that the game is for children and not for adults. I will do my very best to make youth soccer fun for my child.
5) I will not coach my child or any other player during a game. If I do not agree with a coaching decision or a referee’s decision, I will refrain from vocalizing my dissatisfaction in an effort to promote and reinforce the positive and enjoyable soccer experience envisioned by the HSC Mission Statement.
6) I will treat other players, coaches, fans and officials with respect, good manners and common decency.
7) I will ask my child to treat other players, coaches, fans and officials with respect, good manner and common decency.
8) If a coach, official or Club representative calls to my attention that my child is not treating coaches, fans and officials with respect, I will counsel my child on his/her need to do so and explain that failure to correct such an attitude may result in disciplinary action by the Club, which may include expulsion.
9) I will help with my child’s team by assisting the coaches and manager as needed, and providing ground transportation when available to do so.
10) If I fail to abide by the above Code of Conduct, I recognize that I may be barred from attending youth soccer events sponsored by the Club, in the sole discretion of the Board of Directors.